Monday, September 18, 2006

Lord, pardon me of my Life. In eyes of pain and sorrow it means less than the worm of the sparrow, less than the clippings of the world, less then the grass we walk on. As I try harder and harder to forsake my ways, the ways of my flesh grow stronger and stronger, as I grow weak as the salmon in the grizzly's mouth. Every breath I have taken, it has been in vain, every drop of water I have drunk, only to be drunk in vain, every movement of my body, only to be in the vain depths of demise and discontentment. I need you LORD, to pull me from the gate of my depression and into the light of Your joy. The tears of my heart cease not to dry on my soul, building the mildew of the sad upon my existence. I need you LORD, to pull me from this gate of my own earthly hell and into your comforting spirit. The thoughts of a selfish death ram my head just as hard and fast as the sin that mocks me through out the day, and as I try to forsake these dreams... They always come back to tear me to pieces of a disembodied love, into the trash of mankind. I need you LORD, to lift me out of this world of hurt and woe, and into the home all these days I have been missing.

-The thoughts of my soul that happened to spill on a keyboard

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger samurai said...

If I may...

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Do not seek to make it alone. Learn to embrace these times of hardship for it can be a Biblical thing to say "that which does not slay me, makes me stronger" - and it is not ourselves that get stronger, but the strength of God revealed through us that is more prominant.

I may not know all the details of what you are going through - but our Heavenly Lord does indeed. Resst in His arms... and seek His face in these storms.

your brother in Christ...

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:10:00 PM, Blogger Julie Alexander said...

Hey, Jeff...sad, but interesting. A little discouragement is not a bad or sinful thing, but choose not to wallow in it for too long. Believe me, you do have a choice. I have lived times such as you penned where I would describe it as holding onto a rope over a deep crevice. My hands are slipping, slipping, slipping...until I am barely hanging on to one little thread. Just don't let go of the thread! Look down and you'll see the Lord has a harness about your waste! My best remedy for times like these! Think on others who are in even worse circumstances and thank God that yours are not so bad...then find someone who has a need and fulfill it...even something simple. Take your mind and your pity off of yourself and put it on others!

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 6:29:00 AM, Blogger Sage said...

Thats all the encouragement I need rebecca... (())**

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well........ there is not much that i can say. i hope that you can work everything out. i know that life can be though. We ALL have had our share of problems, it is just the way that we look at them that determines the outcome.

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Nata said...

...that was truely humbling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone