Monday, August 07, 2006

"As the feather shall fall"

Well, I'm waiting for this skool year to start. I need something to do besides use my brain!!! Hehe, naaah... my Mum said I could get a part-time job if I get all b's or better through the first semester... so pray that I stay outta laziness, and that if I do get lazy God spanks me hard to get me back in line. The one thing I really don't like about the school IS the grading system. Some people learn to use knowledge diffrently then others, so should be tested in diffrent ways. Some use images, others numbers, others "landmarks"- or little details that help them conjure the big picture. To be honest, I'm really just rambling... so I guess I'll stop now. Lata yo.

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 07, 2006 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Julie Alexander said...

Hey, Jeff...Dani has some academic goals for herself this year so sounds like you are both getting off to a good start. Just "caring" will help. Like I tell Danielle..Focus...write it down...bring it home. You 2 should be an encouragement to each other.

I TOTALLY agree with you regarding teaching styles. The most affective teachers will incorporate various means of teaching, incorporating various senses to try to get the point across. I think this very thing impact Danielle directly so we are going to try to get creative at home! One year she did all her math homework on a white board we had at home and you wouldn't believe how it helped!

We'll be praying (for both of you).

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 1:40:00 PM, Blogger CP said...

wow that sounds cool! anyways, like she said, just "caring" will help, i mean, if you start the year out with a depressed outlook then your study habits and grades will follow, this is probably, no, it will be my hardest year of high school but i personally cant wait to dive in and get started,oh, & yay for consumer math!

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Blogger Sage said...

I'm planning to help dani... I know she'll help me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone