Thursday, June 29, 2006

An adventure, so to speak

Well, last night was very rough fer eme. I had to walk about a mile home at around 10:30 p.m. Yet, I really think God was tryin to tell me something. It was dark (duh), and I was walkin with me 11 year old cousin. He isn't very brave, or very big for his age (but he's absolutely intelligent). When we were walking, as you can imagine he was a little afraid to be walking so late i the darkness on some abandoned street. But the one thing that really stuck out was this. I had my arm around his shoulder to keep him feeling secure, and I had my collared shirt on him to keep him warm, and I kept giving him words of encouragement to keep his mind off his fear. I was all that for him. I was the big cousin who he thought I could sheild him from anything, keeping him warm and such. But to be completely honest I had to try my hardes not to show that I was scared. The one that was acting as my comforter... ding ding ding, God. He was the one who was giving me the strengh to get through that trial, and to have the strength to keep my cousin feeling ok. I think in our lives we forget something extremely valuable that we own, THE PROTECTION OF GOD!!! With God we can do ALL THINGS. People try to make it on their own, and look where they end up, on the street... or in the ground. This really hit me way hard because I'm not a pushover ( I'm not proud of that when it comes right down to it either), and I sometimes forget to do things through God, NOT myself. I think that that is a real problem among us christians today, we forget that God is with us, always watching over, never leaving our side, ready for us to win the fight against the world and it's sinful ways. Thank you, and good bye. I'll be home safe (God-willing), and soon. Later.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Butterfly said...

Amen to this Jeff!! And just as you were keeping your cousin safe and warm, God will do that for us, but sometimes we lack the intellegence to just ask....ask for comfort."Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, nock and the door shall be opened unto you"...This is a wonderful post Jeff, I'm so glad that you wrote it!!!

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger samurai said...

A thought provocing and encouraging post. :)

Amen.

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 2:56:00 PM, Blogger Butterfly said...

COME HOME JEFF!!!!PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE....WE MISS YOU.:) see you sunday!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone